This is part of a writing exercise dictated by this list. It may benefit you to read it if you seek to know me (or merely someone) better; it may benefit me in the selfsame way. And if knowledge of others is your goal, seek out Anna, whose list prompted mine, and Kimi, whom Anna credits for said list.
List 10 things on your bucket list.
Truth be told, I don’t have a bucket list, and to some extent the idea of coming up with one on the spot feels like generating a Christmas list not because I want things, but because someone insists on buying things for me. Nevertheless, throughout the day I made an effort to consider it, and this is the result.
- Publish a novel and/or collection of essays.
- Travel the Transsiberian Railroad.
- Visit all 50 United States.
- See the Aurora Borealis in person.
- Watch the sun rise over the Atlantic and set over the Pacific in the same day.
- Own a toucan.
- Memorize the Gospel.
- Write & record an album.
- Cliche, perhaps, but go skydiving.
- Live in Paris for at least one month.
Worth noting: while marriage and family-rearing are goals in life, they didn’t really seem like “tasks” that I would work towards achieving so much as stages which, God willing, will occur organically.